Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Meet the new RN, JoJo




Meet Jojo, he is the new nurse at CH. Jojo is a very Godly, outgoing, and intelligent man. He is going to do an awesome job as the new nurse at Christians' Haven, and bring a whole new spin on the health care department. I had the great privileged to spend about a week and a half with Jojo before I left, orienting him to the job, introducing him to some partners in the city and community, explaining the needs of the campus as a whole and the kids as individuals, and teaching him some skills. He did great, and I was confident to walk out of the bright orange clinic that is close to my heart, and hand him the key.

Jojo and I have been staying in touch for the past 2 weeks as I help him figure out the job and give any needed advice or explanation about the kids. He has fit right into the family there!

Jo is into photos and story telling, and has jumped an the idea of taking over the blog. So, meet Jojo now, and there will be much more of him the future! (Other CH staff will also be taking a try at blogging, so you will all get to meet some new faces of CH through this blog).

See Jojo here in the CH clinic helping run labs, his 3rd or 4th day on the job I took him traveling around the city with me to do some Hepa B screens for another non profit that works with street kids. He jumped right in and did a great job with his first CH outreach experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some of your wards are my students...most of them are well-behave kids... i'm so glad with what you do with their lives, as a new teacher i hope to somehow just give kids hope, didn't know much about your org until i got to know them...