Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A busy month!












Wow, so much has been happening at Ch in the past month. Where do I even start...

In the middle of June the Ragsdale family came to visit for over a week! The kids and staff were full of excitement as the day got closer, and the week couldn't have been better! Lynn's son Chad did a staff training Bible study on the book of Philippians, Lynn and Betsy spent quality time with all the staff and kids individually as well as time with each household, we fit in a bunch of outreach to the Badjao, Prison and Childrens prison, and had a lot of fun too. It is cool to see the the way the staff are inspired by our new leader and how God is continuing to mold this ministry into exactly what He wants.

Only 2 days after the Ragsdales left, I also got on a plane to leave for the States. Recently God has been speaking to me to come home to America and pursue my masters degree in the near future. After much prayer and consideration I had decided to leave CH at the end of the Filipino summer.

This past month was a bitter sweet time, as I prepared to leave this ministry, this place, and these people. However, I feel very confident in the plan that will unfold later in my life, and I leave knowing that CH has been an amazing and meaningful part of my life forever. And I also leave knowing that CH has changed me in ways that will allow me to help and serve many more people in my life.

I thank God for this work that He has enabled me to do for almost 3 years, and will always look back at CH with the fondest of memories.

Enough with the sappy though... make sure to check out the pictures from my going away night, and the very embarrassing video that I can't believe I even posted!! But, I wanted our supporters to see a snip-it of the joy and fun that life and relationships at CH can look like! :)

By the way- you can see here the wonderful voices of the staff, myself included, and also the dancing talents of our new nurse, the CH President, the US Secretary, the CH Phil president, the campus director, the social worker, the financial secretary, and a few houseparent!!! i love this video... :)


No comments: